Thursday, October 9, 2008

HOT!!

Most everyone knows that Beau was burned when he was 13 years of age, and has a lot of scars from that. Well, at the rate Gavin's going he is going to pass Beau with burn scars.
1st off, when we came back down to Utah after spending about 2 weeks with my parents we stayed at a hotel for a couple of days waiting to close on our house. Well, the 1st morning we were there Gavin grabbed a hold of my curling iron that was out. I had just unplugged it and was getting Landon dressed so we could go. He grabbed it with his left hand and inside he had a perfect shape of the curling iron. He had put his whole hand around it. It is now healed, but then he decided to taste the waxer that I use to wax teeth with. It was heated up to 420 degrees! He didn't even scream or anything, so I didn't even know what he had done until I looked at him real good. After I noticed and asked him about it, all he said was 'ouch?'This is the wax tip that he decided to suck on.
If you look close you can see the white blister on his lower lip. This was the day he did it, and the second and third days looked worse. Sorry, no pictures. :(
Sorry it is blurry, but it was the only close up I could get of his lip.

5 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

Ouch is right! It looks painful!

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Poor kid. I like the new picture you have at the top of your blog!

Joyce said...

What a cute-cute picture of the 4 of you!!Poor Gavin! When Nate was little he clamped hot tongs from french fry oil around his neck and got a huge blister behind his ear. Didn't seem to bother him either--some kids are just tough!
Are you ready for your Pampered Chef catalog show?? Let me know!

Ryan.Tiffany.Rosten.Wood said...

hey Candace! I'm glad I found you on here. Your family is so cute. Your little boy getting into all the hot stuff, poor kid, but he sounds tough.

Lynnette said...

Ouch, Gavin!!! YOu poor little boy! Good think you are tough as nails, huh! I love you!!!