We are finally getting a few things into place where we like them. My cupboards on the other hand, I will probably rearrange again and again. We did get a few decorations up in the kitchen, so that room is coming together a little bit.
Thursday afternoon I had a surprise visit by the previous owner. When they moved out they left their dog, a pure-bred Pomeranian. We called them on Tuesday about it and they asked if we or anyone we knew wanted it. We told them no, but come Wednesday when we moved in it was still here. We worked around it and were going to take it to a shelter. Well, Thursday, when the previous owner showed up, her dog was gone! It had walked out of the garage and was gone. She was soooo mad. She said they had the house until Friday at 5 pm. I told her we signed papers on Monday and by Wednesday when the money had funded we were able to move in. She was not happy with that. She got in her car and left to go find her dog and found him just down on the corner, which I could see from the house. She grabbed the dog and came back and for the food and a couple of other things they had left. She apologized for being so rude and yelling at me, but I still don't like her. :) She said her 3 year old daughter was having separation issues with the house and that they were going to have a 'goodbye house' party that night, and she was coming by to decorate for it. By the time she left she was telling me who some good babysitters were and about the neighbors. I think she was just a little shocked when she got here and her dog was gone and we were in the house already. I might have done the same thing..........well, probably not. :) The thing I don't understand is that she was telling me how upset she was going to be if her 'pure-bred Pomeranian' was gone, but from what she told Beau, she didn't want it anyway. So, what's that all about?
Things are all good now though!!







3 comments:
You turds - you didn't call us to come help you move. I apologize though - I should have called you. These two weeks have been crazy to say the least. Sweet little Eva refuses to go to bed before midnight and has been crying for hours up to that point most night. Any suggestions...
We are glad you are in your new house. But we really miss you over here. We haven't had a neighborhood BBQ since you left! :(
candace you are so sweet, I am sorry you had to go thru that encounter. If it makes you feel better, I went thru a similar thing with a old house when moving in. They had not cleaned it, and we were too nice about it, but the lady overheard me ( she was on the phone with Kelly). I was saying maybe she should hire the cleaning and send them the bill, she got mad and it seems came over. They were not the nicest people they left enough appliances, junk dirt ect to fill up the lawn between the house and the road on the other side of the drive way. It took alot of our time to move their junk out ot the way, and it took them over a week to clean up that space. We did the cleaning that they didn't do, and it was bad. I cried for 3 weeks, moving into an old house that you couldn't see all the flaws, but my mom helped me alot. I was a boob about it. It was a bad time. It made me really want to change that house and we did. Then we ended up loving that house for a long time, Now after being abused again, We have restored it to a beautiful home. It still has some flaws, it isn't in a great location, but it looks really nice inside.
Sorry for the long note, It brought back a lot of emotions in me.
I wish I had called you on your BDay Beau, forgive me, I love you a ton.
Aunt Nan
Post a Comment