Monday, February 8, 2010

February 6

It was one year ago on February 6th that Beau got the news that he was laid off from Utah Valley Dental Lab. It was good and bad news all at the same time. Beau hadn't been happy there for awhile, but it was consistent and that is always reassuring. A year and a half prior to being laid off Beau was offered to buy stock in the company, but we weren't in a position to do that so we declined. So, when the lab started to not do so well, the employees who didn't buy stock were the ones to go. Beau was the labs head waxer and was the last employee to get laid off. They said they tried every option to try to keep him, but in the end they had to let him go.
Neither of us can believe it is already a year later. It was quit stressful at first and still is some weeks, but for the most part things are going really good. Beau started his own dental lab out of the basement of our house and is doing very well. He is always looking for more dentists, but has found some very faithful ones who absolutely LOVE his work. Luckily, since I am a lab tech too, I get to help him. Right now we are in the process of finishing another room downstairs so that I can help him with model work. That room is also going to be my craft room so I am pretty excited to get it done. ;)
Beau and I have been so fortunate this past year. We are so blessed that we were able to go to school and learn a trade that we can do out of our house. We know that the Lord has most definitely lent a hand to help us, and are grateful for all the prayers and fasting that has been offered on our behalf.
Hopefully, this next year goes even better!!!

5 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. Crazy how time flies. I'm glad that things are starting to look up for you guys. Losing your job is very scary, and I can't imagine the stress you guys had to deal with. Good luck with the next year! I know it will be better:)

Cheryl and Gordon said...

Wow- how time flies! You guys are to be commended on your hard work. Starting a business is no easy thing! You received a lot of support and encouragement from Jeff and other family members. Beau didn't sit and sulk, he got busy!:) It's hard to believe this is one of lifes trials you chose in the pre-existance! You have turned a "bad situation" into a great "success" story. It will continue to be a challenge from time to time- but you will be up to the task! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Lynnette said...

Yea! A whole year! Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? (hahaha) I agree with Cheryl. Starting a business is no easy thing, and it just happened that you had to do it during the hard econmic times, and you have made it work! You are to be commended for that. Dad and I are so proud of you both. Keep up the good work, and may the Lord continue to bless you :) Love you all so much :)

Lynnette said...

p.s. Economic! Sorry for the misspelled word!

Marcie said...

It was fun seeing you the other night! We will have to get together more often! You look great and are sweet as always :)