Monday, February 1, 2010

January

January has been kind of a busy month, but at the same time it's been a boring month. I started a job on the 11th of Jan. at a UPS store. I only work 3 days a week for 4 hours. It's just the perfect amount of time to get out of the house and not feel like I'm never home. I work with 2 other ladies, mostly just one. One leaves when I get there, so I only see her for a few minutes, but they are both great to work with. They both have crazy personal lives, so it makes me feel pretty good about mine. ;) They are very outspoken and not a bit shy, so maybe they will break me out of my shell a little bit.
The second week into my new job I got soooo sick. I missed a whole week, I felt so bad. Here I am starting a new job and end up missing an entire week. I was completely miserable though. I was in bed for pretty much the whole week. Anytime Beau could take a break from work I would go right to bed. I got so tired of my bedroom, I felt like I was in there constantly. I don't really know what kind of bug I caught, but it was a mean one. I had fevers for over a week, I had a sinus cold, I was coughing so much I had pains in my chest every time I would cough or even just lay down, I broke out in a rash, and got pink eye!!!! I was a sight!! I felt so bad that Beau had to look at me everyday.
Luckily, I got better just in time for my birthday on Saturday!! Beau let my sleep in until 8 o'clock and even let me take a nap!!!! Our ward was doing a humanitarian workshop putting hygiene kits together, painting toy trains, tying quilts, making bows for girls hair, and putting school kits together also. We had a good time helping out for a couple of hours before Beau whisked me off to dinner at the Olive Garden with his older brother and his wife. We then went and played miniature golf at Trafalga. Beau and I almost felt too old to be there. Most of the people there were young and unmarried and trying to impress each other. It's fun to watch people on dates, they are usually pretty entertaining. I put up a good game of golf, but Beau ended up winning by 2 strokes. I did end up with the most holes in 1...............I had 3!!!!!



My b-day cake!

Beau got me a sewing machine this year, hopefully I can think of something to make. There are always times that I wish I had one to do this or that, but now that I have one I'm drawing a blank on what to make. I'm sure I'll think of something.


4 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

We'll have to get together and sew. I'm still learning, but I have a few ideas up my sleeve! I actually just bought some new fabric tonight! I'm going to make some more dolls I think! (This time I hope they look a lot better than my hand sewn ones!)
Anyway, Happy Birthday, and I'm glad you had a good day!

Cheryl and Gordon said...

So happy you recovered for your birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Nice sewing machine!
Miss you guys....

Lynnette said...

Glad to hear you had a Happy Birthday! You will love your sewing machine! You'll get ideas. Morgan says maybe you could make a tree skirt, or something for Gavin and Landon. And she says maybe you could make some dolls like Annie.

Summer said...

Hope your birthday was great! And my first sewing project was a rice pack for rance to use on his sore muscles. Very easy, lame I know! Anyway good luck with that!