Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter

This year for Easter my parents and older sister and her family all came down to our house to get away from the cold, but unfortunately it wasn't a whole lot better. :( Everyone got here Friday afternoon, we colored eggs that evening and I think we only spilled one cup of coloring. Not to bad considering we had about 12 different colors!
Landon and Grandpa checking to see if the color was good enough.

So, I have made homemade marshmallows several times, but lately they just don't seem right and they never turn out like my mom's. While she was here I had her make some, only to find out I have been making the WRONG RECIPE the whole time!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! If only I had turned the page in the recipe book I may have noticed the right one. Now I have the right recipe and I promise that my marshmallows will be absolutely wonderful from now on!! They were so good they didn't last very long.
With the left over stickers from decorating eggs, Landon thought he could decorate Grandpa. He had them all over his face and neck.
Luckily, Saturday morning wasn't too bad weather wise. It was a little chilly, but no snow. Alyssa hid all the eggs outside so that the kids could have a little Easter egg hunt. They had a great time and found all the eggs.

Landon showing off one of his eggs.
Once they found all the eggs they couldn't get inside fast enough to open them all and start eating. Lexi put all of her eggs in a row, while Landon just opened them one at a time eating everything in them.
That evening we put the kids downstairs so they could watch the new Chipmunk movie. They each got their own chair and blanket. They had a great time!!! Gavin can't wait to see Lexi again. He misses her already!!!

2 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I'm excited to try out these new marshmallow's! I like the old ones too though:) Happy Easter!

Bethany said...

It looks like Beau is playing a game? If he was, you tell him I said to stop playing games and color some eggs. (This would be for future family activities) My husband dose the same thing and it drives me crazy. I’m glad you had a good Easter