Saturday, March 26, 2011

Valentines Day

Having 3 kids to find a babysitter for on Valentine's Day is no easy task. So instead of it being Beau and me, we took the whole family out to get a cheeseburger and corndog! The restaurant was surprisingly busy with lots of families who were doing the same thing.
Instead of Beau and I exchanging any gifts, we got the boys a balloon tied to a new book. (They are really easy to please.) Landon is always saying, "you make me mad mom!" So I thought this was the perfect book for him, and since Gavin can always use some manners...........
Instead of getting boxes of chocolates, I made cupcakes and let the boys decorate their own. I made frosting and bought several different candy bar toppings they could pick from. I crushed up Oreo's, Kit Kat's, Butterfingers, Score, and chewy Sweethearts. All the boys wanted were the Sweethearts, which I guess was OK with me, I'll take all the chocolate I can get!


The finished products!!



1 comments:

Lynnette said...

Yummmmm!!! Cupcakes!!! I'm with you, though! I prefer the chocolate, too!