Well, we made it there and back with no problems. We pulled into our hotel a day early at about 2 a.m. Wednesday morning. Wednesday we got to Huntington Beach about 11:30 in the morning and the guys jumped right in. Tiff and I just relaxed on the beach waiting for it to warm up just a little bit more. We walked down to the pier and came back to find that seagulls had gotten into some of our food. Most of it was in the cooler, so they didn't get to much. After we got back from the pier I decided to give the water a try. I new the ocean was salty, but I had no idea it was going to taste that bad! It was so disgusting!! That first wave that hit my face, I thought I was going to PUKE!!! It was tons of fun once I got past all the crashing waves and was able to just ride them. We finally left because we all got fried walking to the pier and had to go get some aloe. It was mostly the boys who got burned the worst. Beau and I were actually smart enough to put sunscreen on BEFORE we were burning up, unlike our friends who waited until they were hurting.

Thursday we went to Disneyland and spent most of our time there. Around 3 pm we headed over to California Adventure and rode the Soarin' over California. That was a really fun ride. After the ride I was tired and Beau was feeling a little sick, so we headed back to our hotel to rest for a couple of hours and then head back. Well, we never went back. Beau got really sick and had the chills. I'm surprised he didn't have a fever he was so cold. We ended up not leaving the hotel until the next morning. Beau was up all night throwing up and running to the bathroom. I don't know what he caught, but it was not nice. He did feel better enough to go back to Disneyland Friday and spend most of the day there.
These two pics are us waiting in line for Space Mountain! That was our first ride at Disneyland. It was a lot of fun.
Saturday we stopped at Mesquite for the night to break up the long drive. We HAD to hit the all-you-can-eat buffet. It had crab legs and steak!! Exactly what the guys were craving. Me, not so much. They did have pretty good deserts though! : ) We went and saw Iron Man, which Beau and I really liked, we recommend seeing it. We then went bowling for a couple of games. We had a really good trip, but were sure ready to get home to our babies. We left just after 8 in the morning, we couldn't wait to leave for home.
Our boys were happy to see us when we got home and were eager to give us hugs.Thanks again moms and dads for helping us out and watching our boys. They loved having you all here to play with them and just spend time with you. I do think Landon gained about 5 pounds with all the food you all feed him. Thanks, he looks good!!!
4 comments:
Hey...I was there too! I helped when Gavin was sick, and I changed Landon's diaper once! I deserve some credit. Sheesh
Were glad you guys made it back. Glad you have fun. Sad that Beau got sick. That is NO FUN!! But at least it didn't last very long :0)
Looks like you guys had a blast!!!
Cute Pictures!! I am so happy that you guys had a great time at Disneyland with no travel problems. It just takes a few days away from your family to realize how much you LOVE them and miss your normal routine. We loved spending time with our little grandsons- they are the cutest!! Thanks for letting us spend time with them in your absence
The pictures are way cute I am glad that Beau was not sick for very long!
Post a Comment