Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ouch!

Saturday night we stayed in Salt Lake at a hotel before I left for home on Sunday. We had a family get together for Cody at Buca di Bepo. It is an Italian restaurant, it was really good. (Cody just graduated from BYU, congrats) After dinner we went back to the hotel for a swim, Beau's parents got a room at the hotel also. So the everyone went swimming and had a good time. Grandma and Grandpa also gave Gavin his birthday present which was a 'Cars' pillowcase, and a package of hotwheels cars. He LOVED them. He even took 3 of the cars swimming with him. He couldn't let them out of his sight.
Trying to go to bed that night was a joke. Landon went down really good, but Gavin just wanted to sit up and talk and play with his cars. We eventually had to take his cars away, but that didn't slow him down much. He would talk to himself and then start singing. Every time he would sit up I would have to lay him back down and tell him to be quiet and go to sleep. After about an hour of this he finally did go to sleep. About an hour or two later Landon woke up screaming, so Beau got up with him and held him until he went back to sleep. Once he was asleep Beau got up to use the bathroom and on his way back to put Landon back in his pack 'n play, he rolled right off the bed onto the floor. He screamed for just a few seconds and fell right back to sleep. When morning came we saw the evidence of what had happened in the night. It looks like he got a rug burn on his nose!! What makes it worse is that now he has a runny nose and when I go to wipe his nose I rub the burn and he screams. It is really sad. :(
Another couple of hours after we got Landon back into his own bed, Gavin woke up whining and fussing. He wanted daddy, so he went and jumped into his bed and slept for a couple more hours until he woke for good around 7:30 a.m. Beau and I were so tired that morning, I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to drive home. I did stop and get me a HUGE drink and some snacks. So I just kept eating and drinking all the way home to keep me awake, and it worked!

1 comments:

Lynnette said...

Poor Landon :( Sad you had such a rough night :(