Monday, March 23, 2009

Real men do construction

Beau has decided to start his own dental lab out of our basement, so we are now in the process of setting it up. We started just over a week ago, and it feels like we have been working on it non-stop. Beau and I did the framing last weekend, and his dad came up on Monday and did the wiring for us. We really appreciate it!! On Friday, Ryan, Beau's brother came over and showed him how to dry-wall. They spent a couple of hours Friday and most of Saturday putting up the dry-wall, but it takes FOREVER. Beau must have caught me in a really out going mood because he talked me into helping him finish putting up the walls today. I can't believe how heavy and awkward it is to put up. I just have to say, I think I have gotten stronger as I have gotten older! :) hehehe. Hopefully, the texture and painting will go alot faster.
Beau has got most of his equipment for his lab, he just needs to set it up. He has talked to lots of doctors, and is finally getting some work come in, so he needs his lab set up as soon as possible.
We are excited for the change. Going from an employee to a boss has some benefits and some drawbacks, but we are excited.

Here Beau is working on one of the door frames.
Beau and Ryan measuring and putting up the sheet-rock.






4 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like that will be great for him to work from home! I can't wait to see finished pictures!

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Way to go you two! I am super impressed! If you need anything - let us know.

Cheryl and Gordon said...

It's nice to see the progress you are making on your lab room. Since we aren't able to help, being so far away, I'm glad Beau's family has been so willing to help.
It can be so overwhelming to look at the project that needs to be done especially when you don't have much experience with it.. But with several able bodied men the work is so much lighter!! :) Thanks everyone for helping...

Lynnette said...

Your lab looks awesome, now that it is 'almost' done! It isa huge project, and takes lots of time getting it done. And, once it's done, then the 'real' work starts!!! That of working for yourself. We are proud of you Beau, for taking this on. You will be GREAT in your own lab :) Love you, guys!