Tuesday, July 21, 2009

6 years........already?!?

This year for our anniversary we headed down to St. George for a couple of nights without the boys. We dropped Gavin and Landon off with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson Thursday morning and were so excited for a quiet 2 hour drive. When we got there we went straight to the pool, thinking it might feel good to get wet and cool off, but it felt more like a bath then anything else. The pool was so warm! It wasn't as refreshing as we were hoping it was going to be, so after swimming not very long at all, we went and found 'In-n-Out' and headed to our first of 3 movies we saw in 24 hours. We saw Transformers 2, The Proposal, and Harry Potter. They were all really good, Beau liked Transformers the best and I think I liked The Proposal. I always like a good chick flick and I also like Ryan Reynolds!!! Friday morning we headed over to the temple, but as soon as we got in the doors I realized I didn't have my recommend. I had put it in my coat the last time we went and never put it back in my temple bag. So, instead we just wandered the grounds and went through the visitors centers.
After missing out on that we decided to go see our second movie and do some shopping.
For dinner Friday night Beau wanted to go down to Mesquite and go to a buffet. I really don't like buffets because I don't eat enough food to justify spending 20 bucks to eat, plus I usually don't even like most of the food. Lucky for us, or I guess I should say Beau, Friday is when they do their Seafood Extravaganza!! Beau was in absolute heaven, and I was defiantly somewhere else!! This what our plates looked like. Beau had 3 plates that looked like this!! He even tried a RAW OYSTER!! It was so disgusting, I couldn't even watch him eat it. Thankfully, he didn't really like it either, so he won't be having those again!!! (phew)

I did have some pineapple in that empty spot, but I had already eaten it. I did go back for more pineapple, and I ate so much that I now have sores in my mouth. But it was worth it!!
This is a bruise I got while trying to jump on the bed. Beau was jumping and it looked so funny, so he wanted my to do it to. Well, I fell right off the bed and hit the corner of the chair that was next to the bed! While I am on the floor laughing and crying at the same time, Beau was laying on the bed laughing so hard. I need to leave that crazy stuff to Beau because I always get hurt when I try to do goofy stuff. ;)
Saturday morning, we started back to Monroe to pick up our boys. We missed them and couldn't wait any longer. They were happy to see us and I think they even missed us too!! They had a great time with their grandparents, and we are very grateful they were willing to watch them for us. Thank you and we love you!!!






4 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I love bruises. They're my favorite!
I'm glad you guys had a good time even though you got hurt:)
Happy anniversary:)

Lynnette said...

It was so fun tending the boys. I'm sure they had a good time, but they were missing you, too. Landon would walk around the house calling for you, so I know he missed you :)

Bethany said...

6 year's wow. Happy Anniversary It sounds like you had fun. Hope we get to see you soon.

Kristy said...

OUCH!!! That looks like it hurt!! Too funny. :0)
Crazy that we've been married for 6 years all ready. Time flies.