Ever since we moved in, we haven't really liked the kitchen. First, Beau thought he would just sand down all the cabinets and re-stain them. But. . . . . . .that took too long and each door was a slightly different stain. So, instead we decided to paint them. I watch a lot of HGTV, and saw a kitchen with off-white cabinets and thought they looked really cool. So, eventually I talked Beau into it and then he came up with the idea to put bead board in the middle of the cabinets. I must say it looks really good. The hardest part of the whole process was cutting out the bead board to fit in the middle of the doors, and not necessarily hard, but more time consuming. It only took a couple of busy weekends to get the whole thing done.
We do plan on switching out the appliances one at a time to stainless steel. Also putting in a new counter top and new tile floor. So right now it all kind of blends together, but we love it.
Here are some before and after pictures.







2 comments:
Wow! That's a big change. I'm glad you like it. I think it looks nice:)
It makes your kitchen look lots bigger! I'm glad you like it. It would be awful to go to all that work, and then decide you liked it better the other way!!! Good job, you guys!
Post a Comment