Warning: This may be too graphic for some readers!!!! ;)
Yesterday was a big day around here for Gavin. Last night we went out to dinner with Beau's little sister, Annie and her husband Cody. When we got back Gavin had to go 'wash'. (That means he needs to go potty.) So, Beau helped him out, and when they were done Gavin came to me just a couple of minutes later saying he had to 'wash' again. I asked him, "again?" Then I thought for a minute and asked, " do you need to go poop?" That's when he says,"uh, huh". Gavin has never done that on the toilet yet, we always have to put a diaper on him so he will go. We told him to lay down so we could put a diaper on him, but he didn't want one on. Beau went and put him back on the toilet and left him alone for a minute. When Beau went back, much to his surprise, Gavin had actually pooped!!!! We were all so excited for him. ALL of us went and congratulated him. He was pretty happy with himself. He has been going potty now for a few months, but this is a MAJOR step. Now we just need to make it through the night. Most nights aren't bad, but could be better.
I never thought I would be blogging about poop, but I'm really excited about it!!
Here he is actually smiling for me, he was so happy this morning when we told him how proud we were of him for going potty yesterday. I feel like I have a toddler now, and not so much a baby anymore. It kind of makes me a little sad.







4 comments:
Yea Gavin!!! You are such a big boy!!! We are so proud of you! Keep up the good work :)
Way to go bud! It's so nice not to have to change poopy diapers. Good luck!!!
Isn’t it so funny how you can get so excited about poop. If you are a parent you know what I’m talking about we have all been there. Tell Gavin good job from us and I hope it continues. You are wining the battle one day at a time:)
Good Job Gavin!! It seems like we just went through those same emotions with our kids. It's happy and sad at the same time, our kids grow up so fast!! Treasure all these special moments, they're awesome!! We can't wait to see you all, hopefully it won't be to long.Love you guys!! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment