Monday, April 6, 2009

4 for 4

It is about 3 am right now and I can't sleep. Everyone in my house is sick. All 4 of us. It is miserable. It all started on Wednesday. Landon started getting a fever and runny nose. I thought he was just teething because he is getting his lower molars in, but I guess that wasn't the case. We asked Molly to watch the boys for us Thursday afternoon so Beau and I could go to the temple. Well, when we went to pick them up, Landon looked awful. We decided to take him in first thing Friday morning, and found out he had a really bad ear infection. I woke up that morning with a little bit of a sore throat and ears. I asked the doctor what I should do and he recommended some over the counter medicine. At first I thought it was working because I didn't feel worse, but I didn't feel any better either. Ever since Saturday night I have felt completely awful. I can't sleep, my nose is stuffed yet still running, my ears are plugged, my throat hurts, and I have a cold in my eye which is pretty gross. Then on Friday afternoon, after we had already been to the doctor, Gavin woke up from his nap with a fever. He now has most of the same problems I have. Then there is Beau, he woke up with a sore throat on Saturday and yesterday he had the stomach flu. He was dizzy and light-headed all day. We are quite a sight. My house is a mess, dishes are piling up, laundry needs to be done, garbage needs to be taken out. All of us are just miserable. Then to top everything off, Saturday, Landon and I ran down to the grocery store to get a few things and when we came out, the car wouldn't start. It wouldn't do anything. I had to call Beau and have him come and pick us up and tow us back home. Luckily we were only about 2 miles from home. I don't think this weekend could have gotten any worse.
I have emailed my doctor, so I am hoping he will call in a prescription for all of us as soon as he reads how miserable we are. :) I can only hope and pray.

7 comments:

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

I hope you guys get feeling better quick. That stinks!
If we get sick...so help me! ;)

The Huzzey's said...

I figured this morning that last night was the first night in 5 weeks that we all slept through the night without being up for being sick! Ben and Maddi both had fevers before we went to bed...but we finally made it though the night. What is this? Everyone being sick!! I hope you guys all get better soon!

Bethany said...

I hope you get better soon. :)

Lynnette said...

I wish I was there to help you! I feel bad that all of you are so sick. Hope you hear from your Dr. soon!!!

Summer said...

Oh, how sad! If I lived closer I'd come do your dishes and make you some soup! Hope you all get feeling better soon.

Cheryl and Gordon said...

I am so sorry that you are so miserable! The weather forcast and your sick household dashed our hopes for a fun filled Easter weekend. We, for sure, want to come down on a nice, warm, sunny, weekend so we can all go to the zoo. :) I'm sure we'll be down before too long!! GET BETTER!!:)
Love you all-Mom

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

How are you guys feeling? I hope BETTER!