Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter?. . . . . .not this year.

This past week with all of us being sick, we haven't been in the Easter spirit. We did try to go to an Easter Egg hunt Saturday morning, but missed it by seconds. Those don't last long, so instead we went and had breakfast at McDonald's. When we got home I decided I was going to make marshmallow eggs, but even they didn't turn out right. The first batch I mixed too long and started setting up before I could pour them out and I also only put half the sugar in. The second batch I didn't mix long enough and didn't really set up into marshmallow form. They were more like jelly, it was really weird. Then, that evening, I noticed Landon had some spots on his neck. At first I thought maybe they were chicken pox because he didn't really have a lot of them, but they were kind of bothering Landon. So, to cover my bases, in case they were hives, I went and got some Claritin and some Aveeno lotion. By Sunday morning he was looking worse and by today he was awful. His whole head is red and swollen. We took him over to the doctor to find out what kind of dosage of Benadryl and Claritin to give him and found out that these aren't really hives. I guess they are some form of hives, but not an allergic reaction, like what we thought it was. He has been on amoxicillin for 9 days, so we thought it was from that, but the doctor said he has more of a virus. The bumps don't really bother Landon and that is why he didn't really think they were hives. If it had been an allergic reaction he would be going crazy. Landon is in good spirits and still playing, so this will just have to run its course. Poor kid, he looks absolutely awful. With all of this going on we haven't even wanted to celebrate Easter. I didn't even put their baskets together. Hopefully next year will be better and we will all be healthy.

This was Landon Saturday morning, happy and looking healthy.

This is Sunday afternoon, looking worse.

And today, his eyes are swollen and his whole head is just bright red. These pictures just don't do it justice. He looks so much worse in person. :(

7 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

Poor little boy. I wish I could do something to help him. Let me know if we can help you guys out at all.

The Huzzey's said...

How sad! Been there done that! Good thing they aren't an allergic reaction...you would definitely know! Poor Maddi was crawling out of her skin! Hope they get better soon!

Lynnette said...

Oh, my poor little boy! That is so sad!!! I wish there was xomething we could do for him, but I guess it will just have to run it's course, like the Dr. said :( Give him a kiss for us. Are you guys doing alright?

Summer said...

Candice! You've had some bad luck lately. The rash looks so painful, glad its not! Poor little guy.

Cheryl and Gordon said...

I'm so sorry, Poor Landon! :(
He is a sight. Sure hope it has run it's course in a couple of days. If it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all- this past 7-10 days. :) Life can only improve!! We love you guys.

Lacey and Zach said...

Your family just can't catch a break! You guys need a long vacation when everyone gets feeling better! Poor little guy! I hope they go away soon for him!

Marcie said...

Oh poor little guy. I swear there is a bug going around that makes kids break out in a rash. Liam had something like that all over her legs and tummy along with several other kids we know. What is up with viruses these days? I never experienced anything like the things our kids go through. Super bugs I guess. Congrats on renting out your place! Hope all is well.