Thursday, April 9, 2009

MUCH better

The boys and I are doing much, much, MUCH better. After waiting most of Monday for our doctor to reply to our emails and phone calls, we finally gave up and went and found a new doctor here in Payson. He is a Pediatrician, Dr. Gerron Miller. He was super nice and was kind enough to write me out a prescription too. Come to find out we all had pink eye, ear infections, and a sinus cold. We had it all!! I think I must have had the worst of it, because today I finally had enough energy to actually do a few things around the house. Beau, lucky little bugger, only got a little sore throat. I guess someone had to be healthy enough to take care of the rest of us. He was such a good husband and daddy to us. He is always a good help around the house and with the boys, but he is not used to doing EVERYTHING. Since my nose has been so plugged up, I can't smell when there is a dirty diaper to change, that has been the best part of this cold. :) All in all, we are doing really good, the boys are sleeping through the night again. Gavin and I still have a cough that doesn't quiet want to go away, but other than that we are good. Our other doctor finally emailed us back at 5:30 Monday evening. I was pretty upset, because how are we going to get into to see anyone that late. Plus, he said to take over the counter medicine for a couple of days, and then if is wasn't getting better then to come in. I was soooo mad, because if they had actually paid attention to my 2 emails they would have know we were on over the counter medicine since Friday!!!! Apparently, a fever that lasts for over 3 days isn't serious!?! I don't know, maybe I'm over reacting and should have just gone in to see them without emailing. The thing was, we don't have insurance at the moment, so I was kind of hoping he would call in a prescription without all of having to come in a get checked out, since Landon had just gone in with the same problems on Friday. Oh well, I like this new doctor better anyway.
Just a side note, Beau took Gavin back to the doctor yesterday for his cough. He was coughing so hard we was gaging and almost throwing up, and it was waking him up at night. He asked if there was a cough medicine he could take and the doctor said they don't prescribe that anymore. He said about 200 kids died last year due to cough syrup. The parents said they gave the correct dosage too. They don't even know for sure if cough medicine even really works. That was nice to know, I have been taking cough syrup and it didn't seem to be working for me. So, don't give your kids cough syrup!!!!
Happy Easter!!! I hope everyone has a good holiday and eats lots of candy. We will definitely try. Now that we have been sick, my family has decided not to come down and visit. :( I don't blame them, I would defiantly rethink my plans too. Plus, the weather isn't going to be great like we were hoping. We wanted to go to the zoo, and that wouldn't be much fun in the rain.

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Hey guys!! Sure glad that you are all feeling better. We did an Easter egg treasure hunt, the kids love finding eggs from clues we make for them. Now that they are older it's a lot more fun for them. Hope you guys have a great Easter. The lab looks great, good luck with the home business. Love you guys, take care.

allen and laura said...

It's probably good we didn't come down. Alyssa got sick with a sore throat Saturday night, so... It's good your family finally got better! :) Keep feeling better.