Now that we are all feeling better we wanted to do something fun finally. I've been wanting to go up to Park City all month, so I finally talked Beau into it at the last minute. We started heading up there around 11 a.m. Saturday morning. We weren't in a big hurry so we took our time going through Provo Canyon and Heber City. When we got to Park City, I wanted to hit the outlet mall, so that is where we started. We got the stroller out, put the boys in and started with the bathrooms. Bathrooms are our #1 stop spot right now. We then headed for a shoe store. Beau and I both needed some new tennis shoes. We both found ones we liked, but since it was the 1st store we decided we would keep looking. We then went to the Carters store. We found several things for the boys and were working our way up to the register when the power went out. We just kept shopping, thinking the power would be back on in just a minute or two. We decided to hide our stuff and come back when the power was back on. Well, it ended up that the whole outlet mall was out of power, so they were closing all the stores and reopening when the power came back on. We decided to go head up to the Historic Main Street in Park City. It is at the other end of town, so it took us a while to get up there, especially since ALL the power was out on the end we were already on. When we got up to Main Street, we decided we would leave the stroller in the car since the streets and sidewalks are a little narrow. Well, Gavin didn't like that idea. So, he screamed and threw a fit all down the street. We thought if we just kept walking he would calm down, but he didn't. Beau took him back to the car for a time-out, so Landon and I just took our time going back to the car. When we got back we found Gavin and Beau standing outside the car. Gavin had peed his pants!! We didn't bring extras so we didn't know what to do. Wal-mart and all the shopping stores were closed due to the power outage, so we strapped a diaper on him and drove around until he and Landon both fell asleep. We drove around for a while looking at all the HUGE houses, looking for dentist offices, and looking for a place to eat that had some power. Finally, around 4 p.m. the stop lights were back on, so we gave the outlet mall another chance, but it was still closed, so we gave up and headed back towards Provo. We stopped in Heber City and got Gavin some pants and got some pizza at Pizza Hut. All the Pizza Hut's around here are just take-out places, so it was nice to be able to sit down and enjoy it. I was a little disappointed with the way the day had gone, I was mentally ready to spend money on myself and the rest of the family and I wasn't going to be able to do that. So, instead we settled for the Provo Mall, where Beau and I found several things for ourselves. Gavin and Landon ended up with nothing, so I guess I'll have to try Park City again. With such an awful afternoon, the day ended up pretty good. Things just didn't go the way we were hoping they would on Saturday. I know it probably doesn't sound like that bad of a day, and looking back maybe it wasn't, but it sure made for a LONG day. We didn't get home until 8:30 that night. We were all ready for bed as soon as we walked through the door. 
Trying to ride the toys at the mall after the power had gone out. Gavin just kept going to the next ride to see if that one would work.







3 comments:
I'm sorry it turned out to be such a bad day for you. I hope the next time you try it'll be awesome!
Wow - what a crazy day! I can't believe the power was off for that long - that stinks. Hopefully next time you go up it will be a lot more fun!
I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh when I read your posts. I'm sure it was not very funny at the moment, but soon you'll be able to look back and laugh! Hope your next shopping trip is wonderful!!!
Post a Comment