This year for Memorial Weekend we stayed home. Molly and Chris stayed here too, so we called them and asked them to come with us up Payson Canyon for a picnic and a hike Saturday afternoon. When we got to the picnic spot ALL the tables were covered with silk worms. It was really quite disgusting. We did find one with fewer worms, but they were still in the trees above us. Finally, Beau and Chris moved the table out from under the trees, but there was still poop on it. We did our best at getting it off the table enough to put down a tablecloth. We enjoyed out lunch as best we could between sprinkles of rain and silk worms.
After lunch we drove up the canyon to the Grotto Trail. It is a short hike up to a small waterfall. It is a fairly easy trail, there are a few steep parts and some trees to step over and a couple of logs to walk across in order to cross the stream that runs down the mountain.
As soon as we started up the trail Gavin started freaking out and wouldn't walk. We tried dragging him up, but he just kept fighting. Soon we realized he wanted 'sponge bob'. So, Beau ran back to get it, and as soon as Beau went running down the trail, Gavin started running down the trail too. I thought for sure we would fall or trip over a rock, but he made it all the way down without accident. Soon, they were back on the trail and Gavin had Sponge Bob, and we were back to our hike.
It was a little cold due to the rain, but it didn't feel to bad. The water is only a couple of feet deep, but no one wanted to go get in it. Funny thing was, as soon as we were getting to the waterfall, my cousins from Santaquin showed up with their spouses and kids. It was nice to see them again. They live only about 5 min. away and I have to go on a hike to see them. How sad is that?!?
On Monday we got pizza and went to the park so the boys could play. We then went bowling. It was lots of fun, even Gavin and Landon had a good time rolling the balls down the lanes. They may have had more fun playing on the arcade games though.
No, I don't have pictures of the rest of the weekend, but I'm sure you can check them out on Annie's blog.
Hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend!!!







1 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun too! I didn't get very many pictures either because I left my memory stick at home, so the few I did get are here somewhere!
Post a Comment