Monday, May 11, 2009

SHIN SPLINTS!! OUCH!

I have decided to really stretch my limits and do a 5K. I have been running on my treadmill for quite a while, but then when I got sick it was really hard for me to push myself. I would get so tired so fast. Finally, I decided I would start running outside, and maybe that would help me run further again. Well, after only 3 days of running outside, I have decided to wait for the day of the race to run outside again. For the first time in all the years I have played sports and ran, I got shin splints!! WHAT!! This is not the first time I have ran outside before. It has now been almost a whole week since I have even tried to run, and I think I can maybe start again. They hurt so bad that I didn't even want to walk. Just to touch them it hurt. I didn't even really know what was wrong with me until someone mentioned they could maybe be shin splints. So, I have decide I will just run on my treadmill until the day of the 5K. I just hope I never get them again. Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I've never gotten shin splints, but I've heard they are so painful...I wish you luck!

Chris and Cami Taylor said...

Shin splints are the worst!!! I had them all through highschool. Mine always got worse when I switched running surfaces. I would be fine during basketball season and then when track started they would hurt so bad! Good luck I know how you feel :)

Ryan.Tiffany.Rosten.Wood said...

I remember shin splints from high school. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing them. Hopefully it will get better for you soon. When are you running in the 5k? After the baby I'm going to start my running again and hopefully get ready to run a half marathon in the fall. I need to find some 5Ks to run too before. Hope all is well for you!

Lynnette said...

When is the race? I hope you're all healed by then! Good luck! I know you'll do great!