A few weeks ago Beau woke up in excruciating pain. His lower abdomen on his right side was killing him. I was sound asleep through the whole thing......right up until he was throwing up! I jumped out of bed to see if there was anything I could do for him, unfortunately there wasn't much I could do. I looked up appendicitis on Web MD, but he didn't have hardly any of the symptoms, so that put us a little at ease. After about an hour, the pain became bearable. He wasn't able to sleep at all that night. After a couple of days still having alot of pain, I convinced him to go to the doctor. Beau told them what was going on and they ruled out appendicitis, saying that his pain was too high in his abdomen, but they didn't know what was wrong. They sent Beau to the hospital to get some x-rays, this would show them anything that was wrong. The next morning the doctor called and told Beau it was most likely kidney stones. He had a feeling that all the pain might be just that, but wasn't positive, so that is why he ended up going to the doctor. For several days he was still having lots of pain, so finally he Googled 'kidney stones' and that is where he found the cure.
It said to drink 72 oz. of a liquid (Beau chose powerade) and within 5 minutes of finishing ALL that liquid to eat/drink 8 oz of a pureed green vegetable (Beau chose peas). It didn't say how fast to drink the liquid, but he did it in about 20 minutes. I guess doing this is supposed to turn the kidney stones to sludge, which makes them very easy to pass and without pain. It said that he should be completely better within 24 hours. It took just a little bit longer then 24 hours, but he felt TONS better the next morning, and eventually the pain never came back.
Beau was soo miserable after drinking all that liquid and the peas. His stomach was so huge. He couldn't even sit down it hurt so bad. I did laugh a little bit, but I tried to hide it. I didn't want him to be offended. :)







3 comments:
Poor Beau! I'm sad you had to go through all that, but I'm glad you found something that works (even if you can't sit down for a while afterwards)!
Just be glad you didn't have to take a bottle of Miralax with all that Powerade!!! That would have added considerably to youromisery :) I'm glad you're feeling better, sweetie, and next time this happens, you'll know exactly what to do :)
SAD!! i'm glad he is feeling better!!
Post a Comment