Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Car!

Well, we finally did it. With our old car always on the fritz, and our Yukon gone, we decided it was time to get a more reliable car. So here it is, the ever impressive Honda Insight! Best of all, it is a hybrid! I'll average around 50 miles per gallon, but can get up to 60 MPG's
This was the only cherry red one in the state, so we lapped it up! It has USB interface, dual climate control, and all the comforts except leather!
'Sport Mode' allows you to drive it as a manual, except there is no gear shift. It has paddles built onto the back of the steering wheel that shift through its seven gears! How easy is that!?!
The dash board and displays are designed to show you how efficient you are driving! It lights up blue if you are not conserving your gas, and it lights up green if you are running off battery!
The Engine remains on while the car is moving and shuts off when you are stopped. This allows the vihicle to acquire more power if it is necessary, instead of relying solely on battery power!
What a car! Honda is the best! Our old accord has 210,000 miles on it, so we feel comfortable with the brand, plus you can't beat 50-60 miles per gallon! Stop by and we'll take you for a ride and show you these awesome features!




11 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

I like it! I want to go for a ride:)
Congrats guys!!!

Analeis Paul said...

Cody says that, with the way you drive, you'll never see the blue light! :)

Lynnette said...

Yea! I love it!!! Especially the color.....and all the other features are impressive, too :) Congratulations!!!

Morgan said...

sweet! you shocks, ..pegs, .......LUCKY! could I try it for a second?

Cheryl and Gordon said...

Love the color! We would like a ride next weekend... Happy to hear you have a dependable vehicle. Good luck at driving in the BLUE Zone Beau!! What a challenge!

Summer said...

Okay, so jealous!!! I can't wait to get rid of my piece of hud. Love all the features it has! How fun for you!

Kristy said...

I like it. Hope it is good to you guys!! I love that color!!

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Nice ride! The features sound awesome!

April said...

Very nice car! I too would like the feature of the fifty/sixty miles per gallon!A smooth ride would be nice as well. Paul and I are saving for a second car as we only have one!

Bryce and Camilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryce and Camilla said...

Just be careful for cops, when I had my red honda, i got 3 tickets & 2 warnings within 5 years. You know what they say about red vehicles....you seem to stick out more than other vehicles. BEWARE!! Congrats though, that's really awesome and I love it!