Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Metal Head!

Yesterday, Landon was chasing our cats around our house and the neighbors yard when all of a sudden Beau heard the shrilling sound of Landon screaming! Luckily, I was in the house and didn't hear a thing or I would have probably had a heart attack. Beau guessed what had happened and he was right, Landon fell down our granite rock wall we have in the backyard!!!!!! He found Landon half way down the wall, he fell probably about 5 feet or so. Beau rushed into the house where I was and says, 'Landon just fell off the rock wall'. My heart stopped, I thought he would be bleeding from everywhere, but luckily, it was just the back of his head, and a few scratches on his arms. I'm a wimp when it comes to other people getting hurt, so I told Beau I didn't want to even look at it, but he told me it wasn't that bad and to just hold a wet rag on it. He really didn't bleed for very long at all, so my nerves were relieved a little bit. Landon went through the day acting like his normal self, but then last night Beau gave him a bath while I went to the gym. As soon as I walked through the door Beau has the nerve to tell me, 'It's worse then I thought'. AAAHHH!!!! So, of course I get a little scared because I don't know what to do, and when Beau gets nervous, I usually get twice as nervous. Thank goodness the pediatrician they go to have after hours. They are open until 10 p.m. It was so nice to be able to take him into the doctors office instead of the E.R.
When we got there the nurses gave it a good cleaning, and the doctor gave it a thorough look, and decided to put a staple in to hold it together better. They were concerned of it maybe getting infected if left open. Landon was a trooper, he never cried! He did get fidgety and a little winey when they would look at his head, but he was brave. Beau, is such a softy when the boys get hurt or sick. He spoils them like crazy, so we stopped at McDonald's and got ice cream cones, and a happy meal toy. Not to mention that it was already 10:30 p.m.!!!!
I just can't believe that all growing up, NOT ONE of my sibling, or I EVER got stitches or had broken bones (there are 5 of us), and Landon has already had a staple in his head and he is barely 2 years old.

Landon's head after the nurses had cleaned it up.

After the doctor examined the wound, and decided to put the staple in, they put this gel type stuff on it that would numb it and kind of freeze it.

Here the doctor is putting in the staple.

All closed up and ready to go!!!

It went a lot better than I thought it would. It only took about 2 seconds to put it in. I just hope that now Landon will be more nervous walking around the rock wall outside.

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

Poor little Landon :( So sorry he got hurt and had to get stapled back together :( HE is a little trooper and I am proud of him for not crying. I would have! That's why I didn't got to the Dr when I fell :)

Analeis Paul said...

Poor little guy. Give him a hug from "Coey" and "Nannie"! I'm glad he's okay now. He's such a brave little boy!
P.S. I probably would have spoiled him too!

Lacey and Zach said...

Poor kid! It is so hard when something horrible happens to our kids! I'm glad he is ok.

Bethany said...

Ouch..Ouch..Ouch.. Taking your kids to the E.R. is not fun so I am glad you didn't get to do that. I am glad he is ok :)