Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Falling through the Attic!!

A couple of weeks ago we decided to finally put all of our extra stuff up in the attic. Well, since I couldn't lift everything over my head to give to Beau, I had to be the one in the attic. As everyone knows I am really short, even with the ladder I still needed a boost to get all the way up there. So, I put my foot on the molding that holds the attic door in place and the next thing I know........ BAM!! I put to much weight on the molding and it fell off and I hit the edge of the attic opening with the outside of the thigh. I thought the molding was nailed in good but apparently it is only held up there with acouple of small nails. Nothing strong enough to put a little pressure on. Beau thought that I was literally falling through the floor of the attic, but I hadn't even made it inside yet. Well..... for the bruise that I got, it was a little bigger than my fist. I couldn't even sit down without it hurting me. It has now been two and a half weeks and the color is almost back to normal, but when Gavin wants my attention he knows exactly where to find the bruise. The color may be getting better but the pain is still there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Candace, you poor girl!!! I feel so sorry for you!!! Bruised body parts hurt sooooo bad!!! I know, because I tripped over the stool by the computer a week ago, and got my shin good and hard. I had a light bruise, nothing special, but my leg still hurts like the dickens!!! We can commiserate together!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Kristy said...

Sad Candace!! That stinks. Funny that Gavin knows how to get your attention by hitting the bruise!! They are smart little buggers that's for sure. :0) Im glad you didn't actually FALL through the roof. haha, that would not have been fun!!