Well, he's done it. Beau had his Lasik surgery on Saturday morning and it went very well. He arrived for his appointment at 10:30 a.m., but didn't have his procedure done until 12:30p.m. It took less then 15 minutes to do the entire surgery. Just about 2 hours of waiting for only 15 minutes of actual surgery. How dumb is that? When I picked him up after his surgery he was feeling really good, but half way home his eyes did start to hurt and he got really tired. The doctor said that it was normal to go home and sleep for a few hours. When we got home Beau tried to sleep, but his eyes were really starting to hurt by then. I helped him put in some drops and gave him some Tylenol and then the boys and I left to go do some shopping. I wanted to give him a few hours of peace and quiet. When we got back a couple of hours later, he had gotten some sleep and was feeling somewhat better. Once he started using his eyes and leaving them open he felt tons better. When we went to bed that night Beau wore some sunglasses that the doctor gave him, but when I woke up this is what I woke up to.
It was a little frightening! I guess he was supposed to wear these to bed so he didn't rub his eyes. He thought if he wore the glasses he wouldn't bother his eyes, but when he woke up in the night his glasses were gone. He went downstairs and put these on by himself. He didn't even bother asking me for help. I would have been more then willing to help if he had asked. He had a follow-up appointment Sunday morning and his vision was already at 20/15. They say that by his next appt. his eyesight will be even better! The past few days he's been asking me if I can see certain things, and when I tell him 'yes' he gets a little disappointed. He wants to see something that I can't. He can actually see a little bit better then me now, but not much. He keeps saying how he's more perfect then me, but I just keep reminding him that I was BORN this perfect and that he had to have surgery to achieve it. hahaha.







4 comments:
that's true beau! she's got u beat!
Those pictures are too funny!! Beau, you crack me up!!
That does look alittle scary to wake up to. Looks like something out of a comic book! Happy for you Beau - now you won't need your contacts or glasses. :)
Beau!!! You are so funny! I love ya, sweetie, and I am so glad that things turned out so well for you! You can give your glasses to Gavin now!!!
Post a Comment