I know Christmas seems like a long time ago already, but I now finally have time to blog about it. We have been pretty busy ever since Christmas day.
This was the 1st Christmas (of the 6 that Beau and I have shared) that we stayed at our own home. Now that we have 2 boys, we figured it would be easier to stay home. It was also just so much fun to start some of our own family traditions.
Beau did need to work part of the day, so when he got home we just snaked on foods, and made a Gingerbread House. No, the boys didn't really help other then eat the treats that are to decorate it. They did think it was fun to look at. We tried to involve them as much as they were capable.
Beau putting the house together.
The finished product.
Christmas Eve night we also watched Elf. That is one of our favorite holiday movies. The boys also got to open one present, NEW PJ'S!
Around Thanksgiving we let Gavin pick out a car that we were going to save for Christmas, unfortunately that was the first present he grabbed to open. He still liked it has much as the day he picked it out, but lost interest in opening anything else. He would open other presents and say 'wow' and then just go back to his car.
I got Beau a leather coat this year. Whenever I would try to get Beau to even look at getting a jacket he would just freak out and say he doesn't need one. So, I was really nervous about getting this for him. I thought he may want to take it back, but :) he really liked it. I was so happy.
This is some of our aftermath. Both the boys got lots of cars, some dinosaurs, 'Cars' lunch trays (which they really like), clothes, and books.
I got these slippers for Gavin, but Landon liked them more than he did. I'm just glad somebody liked them.







2 comments:
I'll bet the kids really enjoyed eating the candy off that house!!
Landon didn't look too interested in walking with the slippers on just looking at them on his feet was enough. So Cute!
I love it! I love Christmas morning and kids. That's the best!!!
Post a Comment