Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sledding

After opening presents and eating breakfast we went outside and tried sledding. There is a rock wall off of our driveway, so Beau piled up more snow and built a slide off of it. Gavin and Landon really enjoyed it. We didn't stay out to long due to the cold and wind, but the time we were out there was really fun.
Here is Gavin and Beau trying out the new slide.
Landon made friends with a neighbors dog. A black lab kept coming over and playing with Landon. He would lick him and just get really close and knock him over. I thought Landon was freaking out, but he was just squealing with joy. I think we need a dog. ;)

Rather then actually sit in the sled, Gavin wanted to just pull it around. He threw a fit when we had to put it away and go inside.
The Saturday after Christmas we went down to visit Beau's family. We stayed at his brothers house, and enjoyed playing Rock Band. We ate lots of good food and enjoyed the company. We only stayed one night because Gavin and Landon have a hard time going to bed at different houses.
The next week we went up to Idaho to visit my family. We went up New Years Eve and stayed at Mom and Dad's house. Bryce and his family came up and Laura's came over. There was lots of good food and treats. Beau had such a good time playing Rock Band down at Jeff's at Christmas, that he had to go get his own. We took that up to Idaho and really Rocked Out. I think Bryce, Savannah and Alyssa had a really good time with it. I couldn't believe what a good singer Bryce was. ;) hehehe
The only bad part of the trip was that the boys got sick. They slept really good up there, I don't know why they did so good. Beau and I kept saying if they do awful we were going to come home early, but they did so good we stayed through the weekend. I think since they weren't feeling so sick, they slept a little better. I did end up taking the boys to the doctor on Monday morning, and they both did have ear infections. They are doing much, much better now, but Landon sure is moody still.



5 comments:

Cheryl and Gordon said...

That looks like a great sledding spot. How fun! Cute Sled. Cute close up of Landon-love that hat!

Analeis Paul said...

How fun! The boys look so cute in their snow clothes!

Lacey and Zach said...

Candace I can't believe I found your blog! What a small world. you have CUTE boys! They look a lot like you. How fun is that!!

allen and laura said...

That's too bad they had ear infections. :( But it sounds like they had fun sledding.

Summer said...

Candace
I'm so glad you found my blog! It's fun to see everyones kids. You have adorable boys. We hope to get at least one boy one day. Cute Family!