Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Big 25!!!

Well, last Friday, I tuned the big 25!! :( I have been here a quarter of a century!!!! I can't believe it. Beau called all day long trying to rub it in and make me cry about it, but it didn't work. I just keep telling him that he will always be older than me.
I remember when I was little, the whole month of January I would anxiously wait for my birthday. Now, I actually forget that my birthday is coming up. I also still have to clean the house, do dishes and make my own cake. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. It is actually a little bit of work now. How does that happen?Beau insisted that I open my presents from him first thing in the morning before I could even put any make-up on. I was so embarrassed, but oh well. I told Beau I wanted some matching serving bowls this year and he did a good job picking them out. He also got me the All-American Rejects new CD. I really enjoy it, I recommend it if you like them.
That evening we went out to dinner to The Olive Garden with my mother and father in law and also Annie and Cody. Thank you guys for coming with us! After dinner we all went back to our house and played Rock Band and ate cupcakes.



Sunday for the Super Bowl, we invited Molly and Chris over for the game. She was also kind enough to make me a cake. She knew Beau wasn't going to make me one so she did. Thank you, it was sooo good! We were all rooting for the Steelers, so those last couple of minutes had us all nervous. Nobody was more nervous than Chris. He couldn't even sit down, he just kept walking around the house saying he was going to throw-up. Thanks for coming over guys, we had a good time. It is nice having friends from home so close, it makes Chester not feel so far away.



3 comments:

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Thanks for letting us celebrate your birthday and superbowl with you. We had a great time! I am glad to hear about your renters. That is a sigh of relief!

Cheryl and Gordon said...

Your birthday cake is sooo neat!!
Thanks Molly! It sounds like you had a very nice celebration without me.:( Sorry we couldn't be there. That is a relief to hear about your renters!! I hope it works out well for both of you.. waiting until school is out will allow more time to find another renter!! You guys always have so much fun with your rock band. Beau's picture on Annie's blog was alittle scarey!!:) He always gets into his role!! Love you guys and miss you. Mom

Summer said...

Hope your b-day was great! I forgot it was my birthday too until Rance and the girls came in singing to me. You're cake turned out great!