Yesterday, the boys and I went shopping, and brought Molly and Eva along with us. Our 1st stop was Target, so like usual, I got the cart and put both boys in. Landon sits up front, and Gavin stands in the basket part. We were casually walking across the cross-walk to the sidewalk, when I noticed that the sidewalk it a little bit higher then the actual road, so I thought if I put a little extra muscle behind the cart we would get up and on the sidewalk easily. Well, instead. . . . . . . . the cart hit the lip of the sidewalk and the cart bounced backward while Gavin fell forward out of the cart right onto his head. :( He hit right on the edge of the cement. He didn't really bleed, it was more of just a scrap and a good dent right above his right eyebrow. I felt so bad because I felt like it was more my fault than Gavin's for trying to push the cart to hard. Fortunately, he is doing just great! He was upset and kind of grouchy while we did some shopping, but he was pretty much back to his normal cheery self by the time we left. This also was not the 1st time Gavin has fallen out of the shopping cart. Unfortunately, Landon has had his turn before too. You think I would learn and not put them in the cart anymore, but it is so much easier then chasing them around the WHOLE store. That does not usually go well either.
Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday and also this morning.
Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday and also this morning.
This was several hours after he fell out.
This morning, his eye is now swollen and a little bit bruised on the inside of his eye.







8 comments:
Poor little guy! That looks like it hurt.
Oh my gosh...That is the saddest thing I have ever seen:( I'm glad he's okay though!
Oh, poor little Gavin! That makes me want to cry! It's a good thing they heal fast! Give him a kiss for Grama and Grampa Peterson!
Well it looks like he is a tough little guy!!
Sad, but thankfully boys are way tough, and his pictures don't look that bad :) I'm sure he will do more damage to himself than you can do to him in the years to come.
Scrapes and little boys go hand in hand. Im glad he is ok, and im glad your ok too. I would feel terrible too.
Ouch! Natalie fell out once and I felt soooo bad. Good luck in your future shopping trips!
Hey Candace, quit beating your kids!!! Looks like your going to have to really watch him. But then again he may be just accident prone. :-)
Post a Comment