Monday, we all took a quick over-night trip down to Moab so Beau could talk to some dentists down there. I had never been there so I wanted to go and do some of the tourist things. Well, I must say it is a little boring in the colder months. We did go to Arches National Park and see some of the crazy rock formations. I really like the red rock, I just don't think I could look at it everyday. I like to see green and trees on the mountains instead. We really want to go back down when it gets warmer so we can actually hike some of the trails and do some bike riding, maybe even some 4-wheeling.
We did go to a pretty fun restaurant Monday night called Zax. There was a big 'ol Moose head as we turned to find out seat that was really nice. :) I don't really care for dead head mounts of animals. They kind of scare me. Anyway, Beau got chicken wings that he really liked and I got a 1/2 lb cheeseburger. It was so big!! Needless to say, I ate maybe half of it. Instead of having the usually napkins that most restaurants use, this place used red handkerchiefs. The boys really liked to were them on their heads.
Sleeping arrangements were kind of interesting that night. We had 2 queen beds, so we each got one of the boys and thought that would work pretty good, well. . . .. . . . . . Landon wouldn't settle down, and Gavin wouldn't stop talking. We finally put Landon in a pack 'n play, and after a little bit of screaming he did go to sleep. Gavin, on the other hand, still wouldn't stop trying to talk to Landon. Beau was getting so frustrated. After about 2 hours of trying to get Gavin to be quiet, he wanted to go potty. Beau went to help him and when he was done, Gavin wanted to wear his 'Cars' shirt. As soon as they were all done with that, Gavin finally climbed in bed, cuddled with the pillow and went to sleep. But, that is not where it all ends! After a couple of hours of sleep, Gavin fell off the bed!! Yep, right onto the floor. Beau hurried and grabbed him, so luckily, I don't think Gavin really woke up to much because he quickly went back to sleep.
For those couple of hours trying to get the boys down, I thought to myself 'why do we do this?' Then the next morning when it is all over I tell myself ' you know, it really wasn't that bad'. Why do we do that? Tell ourselves it isn't as bad as it seems, when actually it really was miserable. I guess it is a good thing, other wise we wouldn't keep having kids, huh?
All in all, it was a good trip. Beau had some pretty good success talking to dentists, so hopefully they start sending some work for him.







2 comments:
I'm glad you had a successful/fun (sort of) time in Moab!
It is nice to get out of the cold and snow, even for a day or two! I could enjoy 50 degree weather. :) I remember those motel stays with little ones and it was a challenge, but I promise you will look back and LAUGH at it, in afew weeks...!! When we are given lemons we have to make lemonade!:)
Love you guys!! It is also very nice that the business end of the trip was successful. :)
Post a Comment