Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boys and Wasps


In just one week, both Gavin and Landon got stung by wasps 4 times. 4 TIMES!!!! Landon got stung Sunday evening just as Mom and Laura were getting here. He stuck his hand in the water drain on the side of our house, and got stung 4 times on his hand. He handled it really well, he didn't even cry. He mostly just whined, Tammy took him and held ice on his hand for a little while, but soon enough he was back to normal and running and playing again. Gavin got stung 2 different times in the week. Both times were at our townhouse we rent out. The first time it was just once on his hand, but the second time he got stung 3 times on his arm. Beau and I were busy cleaning out the house for our new renters, so Gavin was just playing outside. When he came in screaming we knew what had happened, but couldn't find them. Finally, after he settled down we found them on his arm, right were I had been grabbing it to try and find them. I was probably making it worse, and no wonder he couldn't show me where they were, I was covering them up! Luckily, neither one of them is allergic, so just a little bit of Benadryl and they were on their way.

2 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

Those poor boys. I haven't been stung for a few years, but I still cringe to think about it. I hate bee stings...I'm glad they handled it well!

Lynnette said...

Oh! I feel sorry for them! I got stung on my arm, and could see/feel it for a week, and it HURT!!! Unfortunately, I am allergic :( I'm glad they aren't.