Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We got vandalized!

Sunday morning started out just like any other for us. We were slow getting up, so we had to hurry and get to church. We didn't get there until after sacrament, so we missed all the announcements at the beginning. So, anyway, when I took the boys to nursery, I heard some of the other parents talking about having some 'artwork' on front doors, windows and on some hoods of vehicles in the neighborhood. They were saying that somewhere between 1-1:30 am, some vandals went through our neighborhood. They asked if we got anything, and I said, 'I have no idea, I didn't even pay attention.' After listening for a while it dawned on me that we had left our Yukon outside in the drive way unlocked with the DVD players in it. Since we live right behind the church I hurried home as soon as I could sneak out of the nursery to see if anything was missing and to see if we had got hit, and sure enough, we had some 'artwork' on our front door. Everything was still in the Yukon, which kind of surprised me, because what kind of criminal paints on doors, but don't steal stuff? Maybe it's a good sign that they are not 'hard core' criminals. I don't know.
This is what we found. We usually leave out our back door to go to church, so if no one had said anything at church we probably wouldn't have even seen it until the next day. Luckily, we painted our door earlier this spring, so I still had some paint left over and was able to just paint over it. I guess most of the other people who were hit were able to just use a magic eraser to get the paint off, but when I tried it, it took more of my door paint off than actual spray paint. Weren't the vandals nice enough to not get my welcome sign?
I usually have lights on outside, but they were all burnt out, so our house was all dark. I did put new bulbs in and our house is all lite up now. So, hopefully they won't be back. :)

6 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

That's horrible. I would have been SO mad. It's good that you had some paint left over.

Lynnette said...

Can you believe that? I'm glad you were able to repair the damage. I just hope they don't strike again!

Jess said...

That stinks! But I do like your welcome sign on your front door! Cute!

Kristy said...

SOME PEOPLES CHILDREN....honestly. Where is the respect?? I am betting it was first timers. Not wanting to do too much damage just in case they got caught.

April said...

I am glad that you were bale to paint over it and that they didn't spray your welcome sign!. that is definitely nice that they didn't steal anything from the yukon!:)

Anonymous said...

WOW??? I can't believe that people can and do that to people. What's wrong with society today, I'm glad you were able to get it cleaned up so quickly.