Friday, August 28, 2009

Gavin's 3!!!

Last Friday Gavin had his 3rd birthday. We didn't really celebrate until Saturday with family. We headed down to Grandpa and Grandma Peterson's house Friday night to have a party the next day. First thing in the morning we gave Gavin his present from us........a BIG WHEEL!! He was pretty excited at first, but then he realized that when he would turn he couldn't touch the pedals anymore. I think that frustrated him, so he let all the other kids play with it instead. Since we weren't having a party until later in the evening we decided to go for a 4-wheeler ride up the canyon. First, we stopped at the local burger joint and had some lunch, but by the time lunch was over both boys were acting pretty tired. So, instead we just rode around the outskirts of town and up to some hot pots.
By the time we were on our way back to the house Gavin had already fallen asleep, and Beau had to drive back one handed.
The last time we went for a ride up the canyon, I had Gavin and he fell asleep then too. I guess the bumpy ride puts him right to sleep.

Gavin took a 3 HOUR NAP!!!!! It was so nice. He didn't have one the day before, so he was well in need of one.

Gavin's cake. No, I didn't come up with the idea, I stole it from someone else. I'm pretty sure it was Stacey, so thanks!! Gavin is still obsessed with 'Cars', and just cars and trucks in general. He really liked it, and was excited to just play with Mater and Doc. So excited in fact that he didn't even eat any cake, he just played with his new cars.


Gavin was kind enough to let Landon lick the frosting off Mater. Black frosting sure makes a mess!

Gavin got some new clothes from both grandparents, which he will be needing come fall/winter. Thanks so much.

Gavin also got this awesome race track from G & G Peterson. He absolutely loves it. We had to put it away so he could go to bed and as soon as he woke up the next morning he had to have it out again. My mom and sister also pitched in some money and Gavin picked out a Thomas the train set. He doesn't usually look at the trains in the store, so we tested him before we let him get it. We showed him other cars and trucks that he would normally pick out, but he wanted the train. We actually got it a few days before his birthday, so when we got home we hid it, and he was absolutely ticked off. He cried for 2 DAYS!! It was miserable, I almost gave in and let him have it, but Beau said NO WAY!!! Eventually, he did forget about it a little bit.

Gavin's big day went well, but now I have to prepare for Landon's that is on Tuesday! I haven't even gotten him a present yet!! The hard part is going to make sure Gavin knows that it isn't his day, it's Landon's, and that Gavin doesn't get anymore presents. They are all for Landon.

3 comments:

Cheryl and Gordon said...

Looks like you had a great time in Monroe. Gavin made out like a bandit for his bday! :) The cake turned out really well! with 2 new cars you can't go wrong either. Wish we could have been there for his bday.

Analeis Paul said...

I'm sad I missed his birthday, but I'm glad I got to see his presents today:)
I bet he's going to be super excited for Landons birthday!!! he likes stealing the attention:)

Lynnette said...

I'm so glad you were here for Gavin's Birthday! He is such a sweet little boy! And, I am excited for Landon's birthday tomorrow! Wish we could be with him, too :) I just have the cutest little gradsons!!! Love them both!