Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reunion time again........

Summer is full of reunions, and I think this is the last of them this year. This time it was the Daniel Peterson reunion, so it was just the siblings and Mom and Dad. We started out camping on Friday night up Spanish Fork Canyon. Everyone got there and started setting up tents.......except for us. I felt awful. :( I had a fever, I was freezing, and my throat hurt. We thought we would wait a little while to see how I felt as the evening went on before we set up out tent.Landon and Ridlee playing in the weeds. Ridlee is only 6 weeks older. They had fun giving each other sticks and weeds.


Gavin sitting by himself in the playhouse eating his smore.


Landon and Cody chilling and sharing some chips.

The boys played horseshoes, and I'm pretty sure Cody won.
By the end of the night we had decided to just go home and come back in the morning for breakfast. I would rather have a miserable night at home in my own bed then in a tent on a blow up mattress. The next morning all the kids had fun running up and down the trailer in and out of the play house. After everyone was packed up and ready to head out we left and everyone was on there way to go swimming. Since I wasn't feeling up to par, just Beau and the boys went. I stayed home to try and get some sleep.
Beau was a little worried about going and having 2 boys to watch, and I guess I should have been too, because he did lose Gavin for about 15 minutes. He was really scared he said, but they eventually did find him. After asking the WHOLE family to help look for him, Mandy found him with a lifeguard. I guess he had made his way all the way to the top of the slides, but the lifeguard wouldn't let him down because he was to little. After closing the slide, the lifeguard brought Gavin down and that is when Mandy found him. Thanks Mandy, you saved Beau from getting in MAJOR trouble! ;)
I was completely MISERABLE!!! Finally, on Sunday I couldn't take anymore and had Beau take me into the Instacare. I found out that for the first time I had strep throat!! No wonder I was so miserable. They gave me the option to either get better fast or slow, so of course I picked fast. The one drawback to getting better fast is that they gave me a shot in the butt, and it felt like they were shooting me up with peanut butter. It hurt sooooo bad!!!
The next day we found out Gavin also had strep, and then on Friday Landon has it. Beau started feeling really sick Friday morning also, so when we took him in they said he didn't have strep yet. The key word being yet. Since the rest of us all have it, Beau took precautions and had the shot too. I am leaving for St. George on Monday, so I wanted to get them feeling better as soon as possible before I leave. So, they are all on medication and are feeling much better already.
Today I get to go pick up my older sister Tammy from the airport. I haven't seen her for just over 2 years, and am excited to go get her. Both my sisters, mom and I are going on a girls trip down to St. George for 4 days. We are all so excited for rest and relaxation, aka: no kids or husbands! It should be lots of fun and I can't wait!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Wow, sounds like you deserve a nice little vacation! My family just went through some kind of virus and its no fun.

The Huzzey's said...

Your boys are so cute!! Looks like they keep you very busy!!

Lynnette said...

The reunion was lots of fun. I feel bad that you were sick, thoug, and mised some of the fun! Better luck next year - since it's your turn to plan it :)

April said...

Well glad to hear you are starting to feel better and it is even nicer that you get to have a fun little get away with your fam!! hope you have fun!!