Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 1 and 2

This year for the Peterson Family Reunion, Beau's aunt and uncle from Washington were in charge. So, this year everyone headed up there. We started our vacation a few days early and left early Friday morning and headed to Reno. It was such a LONG day!!! Neither of the boys slept for more then 20 minutes!!! To top that day off, Landon was sick with a fever. He woke up with it on Thursday, so I took him to the doctor just as a precaution because I didn't want to be 1000 miles away and have him be worse. Luckily, he said that he seemed OK, and that this has been going around and that he should be fine in just a couple of days.
When we got to Reno, we checked into our hotel and relaxed for just a few minutes until we were ready to eat. Friday is seafood buffet night at the casino's so, we were off to find the best one. Unfortunately, Landon was feeling better, so both boys were driving me crazy!!! Since I don't eat seafood, I was the one in charge of watching the boys. Beau could tell I was about to pull my hair out, so he hurried and ate fast. He could have kept eating, but was kind enough to call it quits early. ;)
Saturday morning I woke up to Gavin lying next to me with a fever!!!!! Landon's was gone, so I guess it was some body's turn. Luckily, we brought our whole medicine cabinet so we were prepared for anything.
Our first stop along our way to Crescent City, California was at this reservoir. It was called Whiskey Town Reservoir. It was gorgeous!! We let the boys out of the car to throw rocks into the water for a quick break. The road we took to Crescent City was the most direct, but not the friendliest to the stomach. It was a 40 mph road for most of the drive through the mountains. It was sooooo windy. I don't know if Gavin's fever had anything to do with it, but he threw up several times along the road. Luckily, I took an ice cream bucket with snacks in it, so he was able to use that to throw up in. He was so sick. :( It broke my heart. He wanted to have a good time, but just didn't have his heart in it.

Finally, after I don't know how many hours, we made it out of the mountains and to the coast!!! We hopped out of the car the second we could to take in the view of the west coast. Gavin and I hung back while Beau and Landon went to test the waters.
Landon is such a slow-poke!! He takes so long to do anything. Along the way down to the beach he had to pick up all the sticks he could carry.


While Gavin and I waited for Beau and Landon, I had to go to the bathroom so bad! Probably the sound of the water, but I kept telling Gavin that they had better hurry or I was going to pee my pants. When we left and I was able to find a bathroom Gavin asked, 'Mom, did you go potty?' I said, 'Yes, I did'. and he replied 'good job Mom!'. Beau and I both had a good chuckle over that because that's what we say to them we they have to go too.
Saturday night when we got to Crescent City we met up with Beau's parents and his little sister and her husband for dinner. Gavin was really excited to see them, so we were hoping it was going to make him feel good enough to eat something. We stopped at a Pizza Hut and he tried to eat some bread sticks and some root beer, but soon after we got back to our hotel.......he threw it all up. Poor kid. We called it a night and hoped that Sunday was going to be a better day for him.

0 comments: