Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gavin's 4!?

I can't believe that Gavin has turned 4!!! It's so crazy! When he was born I never thought he would grow up, now look at him!
Friday before his b-day, Grandma and Grandpa Peterson stopped by and gave Gavin his present. They gave him a shirt from Oregon, a couple of cars and a book called, I know an old lady who swallowed a trout. He absolutely loves it!
On Saturday we too him and Landon to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch. They had never been there before, but you couldn't tell by watching them. Gavin was going crazy with the tokens! He was putting multiple tokens in at a time, so he would play the same game several times. They had this monster truck ride that they both had a blast on. They LOVE monster trucks!

I usually make all of our b-day cakes, but this year I was not feeling very good at all, so we ended up buying one. I can't believe how expensive they are!! It was by far easier, but just didn't have the sentimental value of making one. Gavin picked out a Cars cake, but they didn't have the stuff in to make it, so he opted for the Mickey Mouse surf cake. When it came to picking a piece of cake, he only wanted 'water cake'. He would only eat the pieces that were painted blue.

A couple of weeks ago when Grandma Williams was down we went shopping and picked out some train stuff for both Gavin and Landon's b-days. Gavin was with us when we picked them out, but Grandma told him they were for the baby. So, when he opened his presents and saw the train he said, 'oh,no. baby's toys.' We told him we were just joking with him and they were actually for him. He was pretty excited they were for him!
He had a great birthday, even if it was just the 4 of us! Now I just need to prepare for Landon's big day too!



4 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! Love you buddy:)

Lynnette said...

So glad he like that book. i thought it was cute, too. Happy birthday, Gavin! Love you so much!!!

Kristy said...

YAY, looks like he had a fun day!! I love B-Days :) Love you guys!! Hope your doing good.

Cheryl and Gordon said...

Looks like you had a FUN birthday Gavin. Wish we could have been there too! We love you bunches!!