Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 5

Tuesday was a really busy day. We first went to the Seattle Aquarium and spent a few hours. Gavin and Landon both were just interested in the starfish. They didn't really care about anything else for a while. This tank was so big that they had a scuba diver go in and swim among all the fish.
Once we started walking through the Aquarium both boys decided that they wanted to be held instead of walk. It drove us crazy because neither Beau or I wanted to hold them. Once we went outside to where the seals were they were a lot better. It wasn't quite as crowded outside. I'm sure that made a difference.


The boys had fun with the felt board. They wouldn't even share when other kids came over to play too. Gavin snatched up all the pieces and wouldn't let go.
For Lunch we walked down to Ivar's. Since I don't eat any fish, I ate the fries that came with Beau's meal. Beau said it was the freshest fish he had ever had.
As soon as we were done with lunch we had to rush to this lighthouse. I couldn't even pronounce the name of it let alone spell it. It was pretty interesting, it's currently still a working lighthouse. One of the tour guides had a kick out of all of us Mormons from Utah. He would say how he admired 'our' people and what we do. He was a funny old man. :)



Most of our group waiting for the last few stragglers to finish their tour.

After touring the lighthouse we walked down and got on the ferry boat to Whidbey Island. This ferry carried vehicles back and forth from the Island. We overheard that people will wait for up to 2 hours in line (each way) for the ferry to drive their cars back to the island. CRAZY!!!



Whidbey Island in the background. I think?
Gavin disappeared when we got on the ferry. He was with Beau until he came to get me. That's when I asked where Gavin was. Beau didn't know, and so then I started to worry just a little bit. We looked on both sides of the boat, walked down the isles and couldn't find him. I was about ready to panic when I looked further down the isle and saw Gavin peek around a corner. It turned out when we got on the boat we past some arcade games and he wanted to play them. Of course the worst possible things went through my head when I couldn't find him, so when I did I had instant relief. He wasn't out of my sight the rest of the ride.



When we docked we had to take a bus to one of the little cities on the island. We were pretty crowded. Beau and Aunt Bobbie rolled up their pants and got in the water looking for shells. Gavin and Landon wanted to get in soooo bad, but I told them NO!!!


Beau found lots of these little crabs. The kids really enjoyed them, but didn't want to touch them. I don't blame them. I hate water creatures!!!

That night was held the Newlywed Game. Beau and I have played once before at a reunion, and as we recall we won. It was a long time ago, so maybe we just thought we won. ;)
Well......we won for sure this time!!! With our victory treats!!

1 comments:

Lynnette said...

That was such a fun game! You guys know each other pretty well...or was it just luck? Dad and I used to win all the time, too. You take after us, I guess :)