Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4

Monday morning we headed over to shipwreck beach. I don't know how long this boat has been here, but I would say a LONG time. It was pretty cool to see. There were even some crab calling it home in the water underneath the boat. I tried taking some pictures of them, but they didn't turn out very well.Landon had lots of fun drawing in the sand and chasing Grandpa around the beach.


Landon found the biggest stick of all. He was so proud of it.

After hanging out at the beach for a while, we headed back into Astoria to the Astoria Column. I think they said it was 267 spiral steps to the top. I didn't go up, but everyone else did. It made me sick to just look up from the bottom. Then anytime I would hear the boys squeal it just made my stomach hurt. Eventually, I had to go for a walk so I didn't have to stress about the boys falling. I knew they were in good hands, but when I can't see what they are doing and they are that high..........I stress.


This is the bridge we crossed to get from Oregon to Washington. We went over lots of bridges on our trip, but this was by far the longest. I didn't even get the whole bridge in the picture. That is the Columbia River we crossed.

After leaving Astoria we made our way up the Washington Coast a little ways and on over to Seattle. Since Gavin was finally feeling better and eating, I requested we find a McDonald's or something similar for lunch. Beau's family was very nice and were willing to eat there with us.
Late Monday afternoon we finally made it to the reunion site. I think we were one of the last to arrive, but not by much. Everyone showed up about the same time.
We stayed at a church owned campground. Cascade Park. It was really nice, they had pavilions for each campsite, generators so we could have some light, showers and bathrooms, and a really nice river that flowed right behind our tent.




1 comments:

Lynnette said...

That's a good picture of our campsite! I can't believe we didn't get a good one. What were we thinking?