Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beau and I

Since I'm not having to much luck downloading pictures, I'll just talk about me and Beau instead!! hehehe. I know that sounds very selfish, but I know a lot of people don't know how we became 'Beau and Candace' so ...... here is goes.
In January of 2003 I moved down to Provo to live with my sister and her family while I went to a technical school right across the street. I was in the dental technician program and had my first day of school on the 6th. ( i think, Beau would know the date for sure. he remembers stuff like that better.) Anyway, the classes were overlapping by a couple of weeks, so we had to spend a little time in the same room as another class until the 'seniors' graduated. That is were I first saw Beau. He was in his scrubs with his ball cap on backward, sleeping in class! I admit I thought he was pretty cute, so I figured he for sure had a girlfriend or something. He kept talking about a certain girl, and how he talked to her for so long and other stuff, so I knew he wasn't married. The first time he came to talk to me I had my BYU-I sweater on so he asked if I went there. We exchanged a little small talk, found out where we lived and I told him I was rooming with a little girl. I didn't mention that it was my sisters!!! Needless to say, soon after that he said he had to go. I felt sooooo STUPID because I was so excited that he actually talked to me and then I say 'I room with a baby'? How dumb? Luckily, he kept coming back to talk to me, which still surprises me because I really didn't talk much back. He told me all about hunting, which I was not impressed with, but he still drew me Monroe Mountain on the table. Honestly, it didn't make much sense to me and it kind of turned me off that he liked hunting so much.
Well, we finally went out on a date on the 21st of January. He took me out to dinner and then to his apartment and we watched Zoolander. Outside his apartment there was a basketball court, so we joined in on a game of lightning where I seriously kicked butt!! I was awesome and he was very impressed. ;) We went out again 2 nights later when we had our first kiss!!! No, it didn't take to long. We had our wedding date picked out by the end of February!!! Now looking back I think 'WHAT WAS I THINKING'. I don't regret it at all, but that just seems really fast. I guess when you know, you know.
We were engaged on May 17th and married in the Idaho Falls Temple on July 18th, 2003, and have lived happily ever after!!

6 comments:

Brandon Kolditz said...

Yeah, Tammy and I would like to take credit for the hook-up since it was because of our gig as live-in managers at the Days Inn that made us notice the school across the street. Tammy then enrolled in it, and because she had enjoyed it, along came Candace for the chance to get out of Idaho. So really, you guys owe us for everything you've had the past five years and will in the future. I think I'll set up a trust fund you can start donating to.

Kristy said...

It's a good thing we can all over look their addiction to hunting!! Im glad Pierre isn't a hunter, just so there is a variety of hobbies in the family!! hahaha.

Analeis Paul said...

I had forgotten about the fact that you lived with your niece!

Lynnette said...

I'm glad you guys got together!!! That's a fun story!

Karen and Mike said...

What a great story. 5 years? It goes by fast hu?

Morgan said...

Hey Candace! Your story cracked me up. I got a good chuckle out of it. Probably because you are the only person who knows Beau better than I.... You did pretty good with him, though really he lucked out with you....

Jeff