Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not again

Well, he's done it again. . . . . . . .Beau dislocated his shoulder. :( While he and his brothers and cousins were down camping at Zion's Canyon he slipped and put his arm out to catch him, but he kept falling. He was able to put it right back in, but it has been hurting him ever since. It keeps feeling like it wants to come back out, but just hasn't happened yet. He did this a couple of years ago on our way to work. He was walking around the car when he slipped on the ice and down he went. He was out of work for a few days, but they said that it would probably take 6 months to fully heal. The doctor said that it would also be a lot easier to pop out again. . . . . . . and so here we are again. He went to the doctor yesterday because he was really in a lot of pain, but he wasn't much help. All he said was to be careful with it for the next week or two and if it doesn't feel better and keeps wanting to pop out then he will have to go to a specialist and will probably have to have surgery. So, hopefully, the next two weeks go good and his arm feels better.

Keep your fingers crossed!


About his boys weekend. . . . . He, his two bothers Jeff and Ryan, his brother-in-law Cody, and his two cousins Jason and Brady, went down to Zion's Canyon for a boys camp-out. They got down there late Thursday night and set up camp. I've heard that they rode naked through the park on their bikes that night, so I'll just take their word on that. : Friday they went on a hike up The Narrows. This is where everyone got hurt, Jeff fell and cracked or bruised a rib, Beau dislocated his shoulder and Jason hurt his knee. It took them a whole day to hike there and back. They all had a great time considering most of them came back hurt. Saturday they stopped at Sand Hollow, where they went swimming and cliff jumping. Beau and I went there on our honeymoon when it had barely opened. There is a lot more water now. The 25 foot cliffs that we jumped off then were now only about 2 feet out of the water. They had fun there, but also good sunburns. Beau said that even though he got hurt he would go back and do it again in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

Poor Beau!!! I know EXACTLY what you're feeling like. I hope it doesn't end up in surgery, because that is no fun at all!! What about these boys of ours and their cousins? We'll have to just blame their Dad's for telling stories about riding their bikes in the buff when they were young boys. Like fathers, like sons!!!

Analeis Paul said...

I'm sorry your shoulder is still hurting Beau.

Jason said...

That was a seriously fun trip. I am just glad that none of the injuries were real serious while in the Narrows. I am so glad that all these guys went down there with me, cause I really wanted to go back after going in May. While we were down there we were trying to plan the next one with our wives and kids. Maybe next Spring or something.