This is Landon on our way home from the reunion. I gave him some licorice to chew on, and when I turned to check on him, his face and hands were painted red. He loved it!! His third tooth finally poked through while we were on vacation this weekend too!
This past weekend, along with it being a holiday, was the Hiskey Family reunion. That is Beau's moms side. It was held down at Boulder Mountain, which is in Wayne County, if anyone is familiar with Utah. It's close to Capitol Reef National Park. It was lots of fun. We got there about 12:30 Friday afternoon, and it was actually raining a little bit. It did pass really fast though, so we got out and watched the family set up their tents. Beau and I got a hotel for the night instead. We figured it would be easier with the boys. Plus we don't have a tent big enough for all of us. Most of our time was spent just visiting and catching up with all the cousins. We had lunch which was chicken salad sandwiches, they were delicious! The kids played duck, duck, goose. The adults played a relay game, that I participated in. I had the get 6 small items out of a bowl of flour with only my nose. Of course, I had it all over. It was in my eyes, UP my nose, in my mouth. I looked ridiculous, and no, I didn't get any pictures, sorry. :) Some of Beau's cousins had a small cannon they were using to shoot candy out of. The kids loved it, it was really loud, and surprisingly I don't think any babies cried. It was actually kind of scary standing out there with all of this flying candy coming down right on us. Daniel went out for a little hike and came back with an elk horn, which got all the boys ancy and wanting to go look for more. Jeff and his son, Stockton who is 6, went out for a quick hike also. Believe it or not, Stockton is the one who came back with something. He found a matching set of deer horns. He was so excited about it!
Saturday the weather was not very cooperative. It was chilly and pretty breezy, with frequent sprinkles of rain. We had a yummy breakfast of french toast, sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns and lots of fruit. After breakfast, most of the boys went out in all directions looking for more horns. The only ones to come back with anything was Randy and his wife Kristen. They found a matching set of elk horns. They were a really good looking set. As soon as Beau got back from hiking we hurried and left. Both of our boys were sleeping so we put them is the car and left. We were hoping they would sleep for a while on the drive home, and they did do pretty good coming home. Unlike the way there on Friday. Landon was a BEAST!!! The drive from Springville to Boulder Mt. was close to 3 1/2 hours, and he cried for probably at least 2 1/2 hours. It was the worst ride of our lives!!!!! He has the most shrill scream, it hurts our ears so much we can hardly stand it.
No, we didn't take any pictures until we left. Beau says we don't need to take any because everyone else takes them, but then we end up like this with nothing to show. These are the only 2 pictures we took of the whole weekend.
These are the red-rock buttes down there. They are really fun to see because they are not common up here in northern Utah.







4 comments:
That picture of Landon is classic! I love it! Just so you know Jeff got a great picture of you with flour EVERYWHERE! His blog is jeffmandy.blogspot.com and I did send you a few pictures to your e-mail. I don't know if you got it though!
You did a really good job writing about the reunion! I'm glad you came. It was a great week-end.
Yeah, you were awesome with the flour bowl, Candace! You'll have to check out the pic mandy got of you blowing it everywhere! It's on our blog....let us know what you think... See you in 2 weeks at Yuba!
Landon's two bottom teeth are really shining forth now! and that licorice face - what a picture! Gavin and his funny faces, he is a character. Gavin and Landon look like great buddies already! :)
That was a great picture of your face in the flour bowl!! Those were really great antler sheds that Stockton found!! Way to go Stockton! You better show Uncle Beau your secret. :)
Post a Comment